Saturday, December 30, 2017

Week 52: Why I almost forgot to blog.

So, I’m finally at week 52.  This has been quite a year for me.  I did accomplish writing a blog every week, with one exception.  The exception was week 12, and I just posted a short thing saying I was too depressed to write because of all the violence that was happening in the world around me.  I think that was actually an excuse and I didn’t feel like writing for that week.  But other than week 12, I did complete what I wanted to do, which was put out a blog each week for 2017.

For week 1 last year I wrote about food.  I guess that was what was on my mind the first week of 2017.  I know there was a lot of things I wanted to write, but didn’t.  Sometimes it was because I just didn’t want to really voice my mind, and sometimes it was because I was too lazy to put it down in the blog.  There were plenty of lazy blogs for last year.

And now I’ve “resolved” to make videos for each week in 2018.  I wonder how much I’ll leave out of the videos I make?  I’m all set with all the equipment I need, but now I have to figure out the time to film things, and also what to film.  No one wants to see video of me just talking about stupid things.  So what else do I show?  Well, I do live in Las Vegas, and there are plenty of things here to show.  I’ll show what I can when I get time.  I’m not even sure what I’m going to be filming for week 1.  Wow.

I almost forgot to write this final blog.  Why would you forget, Robert?  Well, because I’m up to my eyeballs with flu virus.  Yes, that’s right folks, I’ll be starting out my 2018 with the flu.  Not a fun prospect, but sometimes you have to take things in stride.  I saw someone post something on Facebook the other day that said something like “If you’re sick, don’t go to work, or the store, or the library…etc”.  So what am I supposed to do, just lay in bed and wait to get better?  I don’t get paid to lay in bed, and I’m not rich enough to take too much time off of work.  I would LOVE to have a week to lay in bed and get better, but that’s not going to happen.

It might be fun if I could take some video at work for my first week of video for 2018, but I’ve signed a non-disclosure agreement and aren’t allowed to really discuss, or show anything about my employment, so I guess that’s out.  

Anyway, thank goodness for Dayquil.  I can chug down a bit of that and then head to work with all my flu symptoms somewhat gone.  I’ll feel good enough to work.  And since I just sit in a chair and look at computer screens while using a radio and phone, I should be fine.  I hope the dispatcher sitting next to me has some Lysol.  *chuckle*. It really won’t matter.  Once one dispatcher comes into work sick, we all get sick.  There was also someone else sick, so either I caught it from her, or she caught it from me.  Or maybe we both caught it from someone else?  Needless to say though, everyone will more than likely get this.  It’ll just be a matter of time.  And can we all stay home?  That would be no.


So week 52 ends with me being sick.  That’s why I almost forgot to write this blog.  I’ll do the best I can to get a video out each week for the coming year.  If I don’t succeed, blame slow internet.  Until you SEE me next year, ask why all you want.  And let’s move on to video life.

1 comment:

  1. https://kronopolvietnam.com/san-go-chau-au-cao-cap-sieu-chiu-nuoc-tot-nhat/ Sàn gỗ Châu Âu cao cấp Kronopolvietnam.com có nhiều hình thức và mẫu mã rất đẹp mắt. Khách hàng có thể dễ dàng tìm thấy những sản phẩm có kết cấu và hình dáng giống hệt với sàn gỗ tự nhiên trên thị trường với màu sắc gỗ và vân gỗ rất tự nhiên.

    ReplyDelete