Saturday, December 9, 2017

Week 49: Why I may go full Apple.


I’ve thought about this for a while, and I may just go full Apple this coming year.  Now don’t get me wrong, it won’t be cheap!  I’ll have to pay quite a bit to do this, but that’s why I go to work, isn’t it?  I’ve got a bit of money saved up.  I’m still thinking this through. 
I had another little “adventure” with my PC today.  It decided it had to download some updates and that’s fine!  I can respect it needing updates now and then.  So I let it do its thing and the download went on for a while.  When it was finally finished, the PC needed to be restarted.  Ok, so I restarted it.  First it was stuck on a “bios” screen and the keyboard wouldn’t work.  Oh no, not another problem!  I forced a shutdown and restarted the computer.  That should fix things, right?  Then all I got was the PC doing something, but nothing on my monitor.  I fretted for a bit and then tried another restart.  Again, nothing on the monitor and the computer seemingly doing something.  Well, maybe if I just went out and got some groceries things would be fine when I returned. 
I was pretty sure that when I got back from getting groceries the PC would still have nothing on the screen and be not working at all.  I checked, and it was fine.  I guess it just needed to install some things before it showed anything on the screen.  That seemed so unusual to me, though. 
Now don’t get me wrong, I love my PC!  I would have been heartbroken if something else was wrong!  I’ve had it for so long now!  If we go back a few blogs, I’ve even replaced the power supply in it all by myself.  I’m quite proud that I did that, by the way!  But let’s think this through.  I am planning on moving on to videos next year instead of written blogs and Apple products are pretty good at editing video.  A new iMac would also connect with my iPhone and iPad.  Hmm, now that’s something to think about.  My PC is pretty nice, but it really doesn’t connect to anything besides the internet.  I’d still have my PC, but would have something nice to edit video with.  Choices, choices, hmm.
There is something new coming called an iMac Pro.  The small bit of info I found says it will be released in December.  It’s December now.  So when do I get to see the overblown prices?  *chuckle*  Being serious though, I’ve had a MacBook for years and never really had any problems with it.  I still have it and the battery for it is no good so if I want to use it, it has to be plugged into an outlet.  But it does still work.  And it always was really nice to edit video with the few times I did it with the MacBook.  The big concern here is the price.  I’m going to have to probably pay around $2,000 or more, maybe even up to $3,000 for an iMac Pro when they come out.  Would it be worth that price?
Now you can get a “fusion drive” with an iMac.  That sounds so neat!  Does it work better than a regular hard drive?  If you ask Apple people they will tell it does.  I’m very curious about this.  It has to do with “flash drive” stuff.  It all sounds fantastic.  Again, this will come down to money.  Will I be willing to spend a few thousand dollars on something like this?  A lot of my life revolves around computers and electronic things at the moment.  I really would like something like this.  Again, this will take a lot of thought.  We'll see what happens.
At the moment I’m thrilled with fast food places that let me place an order with my phone, iPad, or PC and then just drive over and pick up the food.  And if I decide to buy an iMac I can just drive over to a nearby Apple store and pick it up.  I ordered and picked up my iPad Pro at the Apple store and that was actually pretty fun. 
Lots of thoughts in my head now.  It’s the end of the year and soon it will be tax return time.  That will give me a bit of extra money with my tax refund.  Is it time to go full Apple?  I wanted to buy a video camera with a microphone (still haven’t decided on one) for my videos next year so I could make sure I have good sound on the videos.  Why not make sure I have something that will help me edit things in a somewhat professional fashion?  I’ve been always been told over and over that the best thing to edit video on is always an Apple. 
Much thought will go into this as I continue to order Christmas things on Amazon.  I love ordering things online!  Until I figure all of this out, keep asking why.

No comments:

Post a Comment