Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week 50: Why do I think I need to film everything?



Why do I think I need to film everything?  Well, my life really doesn’t need filming, I guess.  I never did end up getting a new camera.  For now I think I’m going to start out with the cameras I have as I do have quite a collection of them.  Christmas time did eat a bit into my savings this year, so a new camera might be a bit excessive.
It might be different for some people in Orlando, Florida.  I watch videos on YouTube of some guys who go to Walt Disney World, or some other theme park every week.  And it’s fun to watch them, but there really aren’t any theme parks here.  Maybe I’ll have to exaggerate some of my life?  I am going to learn how to do a few special effects while filming.  Maybe more than a few effects.  Maybe I’ll be able to make things fun enough that people might just want to watch me each week?  I’ll have to put some thought into this.
So how do you know what people would like to watch?  Well, I’ll have to go with what I enjoy.  If I like it and think a video is fun, maybe everyone else will, too? I have a few videos I’ve done a while ago, but I think they would be too large to insert here in the blog.  One video has two of me sitting on a couch talking about two books.  I thought it was pretty clever and looked pretty good!  I checked and the file is around 6GB.  I think if I wanted to try and insert that here it would take a couple days to upload it.  And then I’m not sure I can just post videos that large into my blog.  Oh well, maybe I’ll get it out somewhere in another video one of these days.  Old footage sometimes comes in really handy!
I could edit some video from a few theme parks.  I do still have quite a lot of video that I’ve taken back on past trips.  I’m not sure whether my weekly videos should be about what’s currently going on in my life, or maybe show some of my past if that’s more fun?  We’ll see what I can cook up.  From what I’ve been seeing though, if I put my mind to it, I should be able to make some theater quality stuff if I just take my time and learn a program or two in depth.
You might be surprised what people would like to see.  I’ve looked up grocery stores in the UK before and was amazed by the videos I found!  It was thrilling for me to see what shopping was like across the pond!  Should I maybe show where I shop and what it looks like inside?  Would anyone in the UK, or anywhere else like to see that?  I do have friends from all over the world on my Facebook account and that’s probably where I’ll post the links to my videos after I upload them to YouTube.  Hmm, again I guess I’ll just have to gage my audience as I learn film making.
I’m currently waiting on some things to arrive.  Once they do, I’ll have to get started and learn what I can before my first video in January.  I’m pretty excited already!  So why do I think my life needs to be filmed?  Because it’s just something I want to do!  And it will be something left behind when I’m gone!
So until video one comes out, keep asking why.  One other thought, what should I call my video series for next year?  52 Weeks of Life, maybe?  I don’t know.  If you have other suggestions, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment