Saturday, November 18, 2017

Week 46: Why I'm happy with nothing!


This weekend I finally had nothing to do!  Absolutely nothing!  And I was really thankful for the nothing!  I also seemed to have caught the flu, so it was the perfect weekend for nothing.  For weeks now I’ve had things to do on my days off, doctor appointments, getting my driver’s license renewed, work cards, fingerprints, it was never ending.  Finally though, a weekend of peace.  And I didn’t mind having the flu very much because I was able to just stay home and rest!

Even though I had nothing to do, there still seemed like so much to do.  I blame that on all the technology I have now.  Back in the 1980’s if I didn’t have anything to do I could just sit around and watch whatever was on television, or maybe play the radio, or take a nap.  Now I can watch things on Netflix, play with my computer, or iPad, or even work on finishing some video games that I’ll probably never finish.  So many choices!  But they’re all at home!  I don’t have to go anywhere!

I did stop off and pick up a few groceries, but for the most part I just stayed home and enjoyed not going anywhere.  Traffic is horrible and it’s not even Black Friday yet!  Next week will be Black Friday.  I’ll stay home and watch on television as people kill each other for a “deal”!

As for some unnamed relatives annoying each other with Christmas decorations, you rock!  As for me, I’ll go back to enjoying my nothing.  I won’t question it, either.  But you all can still keep asking why.  Until next week, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment